Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Necessary evil.

There's nothing quite so humbling, loving, and necessary as a spouse giving you a talking to when you need it. Especially when one has been praying for it subconsciously, and when one knows one deserves it. I knew my conscience had been prickly lately but I kept ignoring it... so someone lovingly stepped in and gave it a shove.

I've
lately been growing more and more unhappy with someone I know and, being me, I "vented" to Jay, apparently a lot more than I was aware of. Well, venting turned to nasty comments, and complaining, and gossiping... which is way way off of the steam-escape that venting is supposed to be, and contain nothing of the problem solving goal of good constructive venting!

So, today, after the "session", I slugged around, blue and sad, but deep-down rather pleased with him for caring enough to risk making me angry and defensive, with a nice side-order of shame for thinking such poor thoughts about a fellow human being who, apparently, has done nothing wrong. It's just one more case of my issues with someone being just that: my issues. Egad, how I hate this cycle of nastiness inside. It just changes surface attributes over the years, but it's always the same thing: other people not fitting into my thoughts and desires of how I think they should be. When will I ever learn this lesson? I hate it. But I guess I asked for it.

5 comments:

Jen Stadler said...

Friend, I'm glad you were able to get your healin' and go on home! ;)
You should write more- good stuff! Love you.

Jen Stadler said...

It's not ME... is it? 'Cause I said I was sorry about that whole shaking the table thing. Geeez.

Anonymous said...

Your drawing is a delight. Little girls of all ages should be able to cross their shoulders, frown, and fuss whenever necessary. sometimes we just have to get it out of our system. Then someone we love can tell us we're being too much, and help us through it.

Heather said...

Thanks for being so honest. Your lesson is a good reminder.

Anonymous said...

sigh.